Jackson’s Lane Theatre
Prior to its current use as a thriving arts centre, this Gothic style building was the Highgate Wesleyan Methodist church, first opened in 1905. The church was closed in the early 1970s and remained unoccupied until 1975 when a group of passionate activists successfully campaigned to secure a lease for the building from Haringey Council, alongside a small grant to develop the spaces. In the late 1970’s the building was saved from plans for demolishion when a public campaign lead to it’s Grade II listing.
Today the building hosts a 166-seat theatre, and a variety of arts and community projects, groups and clubs. Callidus were engaged to undertake a scan of the building – inside and out – to provide the data needed for some internal reworking of the spaces. Callidus, working around a busy schedule of bookings within the 6 hired spaces, undertook over 300 detailed 3D scans to draw up plans at basement, ground, mezzanine and roof levels, fully detailed external elevations and 8No. internally elevated sections.